Monday, April 3, 2017

Joy Clair's SpringTime Flowers - Masking

Hello, Joy Clair friends! I don't know about you, but I love flowers. So much so, that every year I test my green thumb. And let me tell you, my thumb is more of a rotten green than a beautiful bright green! My flowers look good for a month or so and the heat of summer fries them up. I am excited about my garden this year, I am giving bulbs a try. And so far, some of them are popping up!

Today, I am showcasing the new Spring Time Flowers stamp set. I have decided to pair up the flowers with the masking technique the design team is using this month.


To start this card, I cut out an oval from masking paper using an oval die. The paper is sticky on the back, so I stuck it in the center of the card panel. I stamped the first flower on the cardstock and one onto masking paper. The masking paper flower is cut out and placed over the stamped cardstock. I stamped another flower and then removed the paper. I repeated this process until the flowers covered the entire card.


It is time to color in the flowers, I used a variety of oranges to color in the centers of the flowers. The petals are colored in with a variety of yellows. This was a simple card to create. The only real time consuming part is coloring in the flowers. You can create this card using large flower images or even small flower images.

Are you interested in learning the latest news going on with Joy Clair? Join us on your favorite Social media sites to see our newest products and samples from the design team members.
 YouTube 

So before you go, let me ask a question. What is your favorite flower? Mine is the hibiscus...all different shades of them. In fact, I just planted a couple of shrubs that are suppose have blue flowers on it when it blooms.

Thank you for stopping by today!


Supplies:
Masking Paper
Memento Tuxedo Black
Chameleon Markers




1 comment: