Friday, February 19, 2016

DCWV Stateside RT.66 layout

Hello, DCWV friends! It is Jessi from the DCWV Social Media Design Team! Have you seen the new DCWV Statewide Collection coming to your local Joann Fabric and Craft Store? I am in love! I am not one who normally does scrapbooking, but this collection has inspired me! My family and I took a road trip from Texas to Utah last summer and I have yet to do much with the pictures! Let the crafting begin!
 
My first plan was to create with the DCWV Travel Journal Album. I started the cover and a few of the pages and realized I would not be able to complete the album before my posting deadline. So I had to set that project aside (to come at a later date) and decided to crank out a layout page.
 
 
It sometimes takes me a few days to design a layout page. Because I was in crunch time, I decided to look at the current DCWV Stack-o-holic Challenge sketch and see what I can come up with. Here is the current sketch:



I could not get the layout to work with the pictures I had, so I decided to rotate the sketch and move around some of the elements. Here is what the layout looked like as I started to arrange some of the pieces.


I decided to add a mat to each of the photos. The layout still seemed a little boring to me, I needed to decided some additional elements to add to the page. As I mentioned before, I was working with the DCWV Stateside Travel Journal. In that kit, there was a sheet of black stickers. I added the 'hello' and the star stickers to the chevron tags. The layout could probably be completed at this point, but I am in love with wooden veneers. So I added a wooden car to the layout to finish it off.
 
Thank you for stopping by today! I hope you have a wonderful!
 
Jessi
 
DCWV Stateside Collection used:
Stateside Stack
Stateside DIY Project Stack
Chevron Tag Stack
Travel Journal
 

No comments:

Post a Comment