Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Creating Together with Marcie Sharp

Hello, friends! I am excited for today's post. Towards the end of last year, the talented Marcie Sharp had an idea about creating a series of working with a variety of card-makers. She sent out a request for people who were interested and I jumped at the opportunity to work with her! Please check out her blog, Sharp Designs, to see some previous installments of the Create Together series.


The fun thing about this series is that she puts a different challenge for each designer. What a unique way to inspire others. My challenge was to CASE a card she had previously created. So off to her Pinterest page to see a large group of her creations. After sending a few days narrowing down the possibilites, I chose to CASE this card created by Marcie. You can see it HERE on her blog.


If you have been following Marcie, she has been on a journey to work on different ways to work on her coloring skills. So I decided to take the coloring challenge as well for this installment of Create Together. I recently won a set of ZIG markers. I have been trying to get use to this form of watercoloring. So I decided to pull out a few different colors and get to work.


What drew me to Marcie's card was the the CAS style, but mostly the adorable elephant image. I recently purchased an elephant image from Butterfly Reflections, Ink and wanted to use the image for my card. So I stamped it onto watercolor paper and begin the painting process.


Let me tell you...I am in love with these ZIG markers and cannot wait to work with them more! Here is my final card CASEing her card.


I really love the layout of her card and stuck pretty close to it. My image is a little larger, so all the elements are crammed closer together. I also decided to added some double-stitching dies along the edges of the panel.

Know onto Marcie's blog to see what card of mine she decided to CASE. I am looking forward to seeing what she created!

Thank you for stopping by today. And thank you Marcie for letting me participate in the Create Together series with you! You always make some inspiring cards! Cannot wait to see what you have in store!

2 comments:

  1. This is so adorable! I was really curious to see what card you would pick. :) Thank you SO much for getting inky with me this week. I think collaborating with crafty friends is way more fun than cardmaking on my own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet card! Perfect coloring, love that elephant image!

    ReplyDelete