Tuesday, January 6, 2015

You Can Never Have Enough Texture!

Hello, DCWV friends! It is Jessi here from Kissin' Krafts! I know that most of the country is preparing for a huge arctic blast, so don't shoot me, when I say I want snow! However, living near the Gulf Coast in Texas, the likelihood is low. But a girl can dream right?

In the spirit of snow, I create this fun card using a variety of DCWV products!

 
One thing I love to do is to add a variety of textures to cards.  To start off with, I created the back layer with a kraft cardstock and embossed cardstock combo. The main focus of the card is a printed pocket style design. To highlight the scene, it is matted onto bright red burlap paper.
 
 
To cover the seam where the two cardstocks connect, I used snowflake punches to the card. The finishing touch to the card is to add the mirrored heart embellishment that matches the heart in the snowman print.
 
 
Isn't fun how different materials and different textures to your project? Check out the shoot below to see the card laying flat.
 
 
Thank you for stopping by today! Have a wonderful day!
 
Jessi
 
 
Supplies:
DCWV Burlap Paper Stack
DCWV Winter in the Woods
DCWV Mirrored Embellishments


No comments:

Post a Comment