Friday, May 23, 2014

Pinch Me...Gallery Idol Top 20!!!

It's Friday! And a holiday weekend! Does it get any better? 

I am super excited to share some wonderful news I received this morning! Our you a fan of Papercraft & Scrapbooking Magazine? (If not, check out their website and it won't be long before you become a fan!) Each year they hold a contest card 'Gallery Idol'. Similar to American Idol, with a number of rounds until they eventually crown a winner. So I decided to give it a try this year. The first round theme was Washi Tape. (A craft supply that I do not use very often.)

Over 200 designers submitted their cards and the top 20 were announced this morning! I am still in complete shock that my name is on that list!!! Check out the lucky 20 talented designers HERE. You will not be sorry, they are all very inspiring!

So here is my card I created using Washi Tape:


As you can see, I decided to make a washi banner. Not very original, so I tried to find a unique use for the washi tape. After several attempts (and disasters), I decided to use the tape as a masking agent and LOVED how it made the sentiment POP.

I used the following supplies on this card:

Stamps: Winnie & Walter Stamps - The Big, The Bold and You
Twine: Trendy Twine - Totally White
Ink: Assorted ColorBox Brights and Memento Tuxedo Black

So my task for the next couple of days is to make a card with the Round 2 theme - die-cutting! I hope you come back on Monday when the voting begins!!!

Have a wonderful and safe weekend!

Jessi

3 comments:

  1. Congrats! A great card, l love how the masked washi tape worked out - a great idea for your sentiment. Good luck in the next round, look forward to seeing your next creation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats so awesome! Good look in the next round!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to you!! That is Awesome!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete