Monday, October 14, 2013

SSS Tutorial - Creating your own overlay

Happy Monday Sweet friends! It's Jessi here from Kissin' Krafts. Today I am sharing with you, how to create your own overlay. I love the sunburst trend, but am limited with supplies to create it.

Sweet Stamp Shop's Dia De Los Muertos stamp set is used on this creation:


Using a long triangle die, I created the overlay by cutting out a number of 'rays'.


Time to add some color to the sunburst. I really wanted it to shout with colors. 
So starting with red, I also added a few oranges and yellows to create the ombre coloring.
 I blended the colors onto the paper using a piece of felt.


This was my first time to use an overlay. I think I am in love! Cannot wait to see what other designs I can come up with!

Sweet Stamp Shop stamp set used in today's card:

Are you looking forward to the Sweet Stamp Shop October Release? You don't have to wait long! Make sure to stop by tomorrow for the newest stamp sets!

Looking to receive the latest Sweet Stamp Shop news?
 LIKE us on Facebook to catch the newest announcements!

1 comment:

  1. Jessica, VERY cool technique! I must try this...the effect is so cool! What a great card for Halloween!

    ReplyDelete