Friday, August 6, 2010

My first Design Team project for Practical Scrappers

I am so excited about joining the Practical Scrappers team!  I look forward to the upcoming challenges and I hope I inspire others as I have been inspired by the wonderful artists out there!

Here is a quick and short bio- I am a stay-at home mom of 3 wonderful (and energy-draining) kids. Two boys (4 and 2) and a 8 mo. daughter.  Nap-time is my crafting time.  I use it as a relaxation method!  I normally make cards, but just recently started to make scrapbook pages!  I am addicted to looking at the fellow bloggers' pages (that is my after bedtime addiction)!

Practical Scrappers is celebrating their 1 year anniversary this week.  So they are bringing a different challenge for each day.  Today's challenge is to make a card or LO celebrating a "first" (birthday, anniversary, tooth, etc). 


I have made a first birthday card for a little girl.  I used kraft cardstock (MY FAVORITE) for the base of my card. I took patterned paper and matted it onto green cardstock.  I hand cut the layered cake and rolled a piece of paper to make the candlestick.  Pop dots were used to adhere the cake to the card.  The flame was also hand-cut and orange ink was used to accent the flame.  I punched out 6 flowers to make the 3D flower and added a lime green button for the center of the flower.  The number 1 was a die-cut from Cuttlebug. And finally "Happy Birthday" (Studio G, another addiction) was stamped in brown ink.

Thank you for viewing my first design team project!  I look forward to many more!

3 comments:

  1. congrats on your new DT gig :)
    super cute card and i love the candle :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry it has taken me so long to come over and say welcome to the team! Your card is so cute. I love how you rolled that paper for the candle! Very clever!

    Corinna
    PS designer

    ReplyDelete